Official Rules for the Dewar’s 2022 US Open Golf Sweepstakes
No purchase is required to enter.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia excluding Colorado and Louisiana who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc. (“Administrator”), Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), United States Golf Association (“USGA”) or any other alcohol beverage company, their respective distributors, wholesalers, retailers (including bartenders/staff), or licensees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Entry Period begins at 12:01 AM ET on June 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59PM ET on August 31, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter:
a. Scan the QR code on in-store point of sale and automatically be taken to the landing page where you can enter to win (Alternately, you can visit http://www.dewars.com/us/en/campaigns/us-open-sweepstake and go directly to the entry form.) . There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per drawing.
b. The use of multiple e-mail addresses or numbers, an agency, or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
4. Drawings: On or about August 31, 2022, Administrator will select two (2) potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received for the relevant drawing. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential winners within seven (7) business days of a drawing. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
5. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and a tax form. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within five (5) days, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received, if time permits. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
a. Grand Prize: Two (2) winners will receive a trip for two to the US Open. The prize includes: (a) roundtrip coach-class airfare for up to two (2) people; (b) double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; (c) up two (2) VIP tickets to the US Open; (June 15-18, 2023) and (d) a $1,000 gift card. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $6,000. The actual value of the trip will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, and the dates of travel. The winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. Once travel documents are issued, they cannot be changed. Sponsor reserves the right so substitute ground transportation for air transportation.
b. For all Prizes: A winner is responsible for paying taxes any costs and expenses not specified above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Guests must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and may be required sign a liability and publicity release form prior to issuance of tickets. A prize may not be transferred prior to award. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. No alcohol will be awarded as part of any prize.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, USGA, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: You agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
11. Winner Information: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Dewar’s 2021 US Open Golf Sweepstakes Win List, P.O. Box 3509H, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-3445. Requests must be received by September 30, 2022.
12. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bacardi U.S.A., Inc., 2701 Le Jeune Road, Coral Gables, FL 33134, and is administered by Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc., 1105 S.E. Eight Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.
Draft Abbreviated Rules
No purchase or text message is necessary to enter. Open to US residents, 21 or older. Ends: 8/31/22. If you enter via text, you will receive one text in return with a link to the entry form. Alternately, visit insert http://www.dewars.com/us/en/campaigns/us-open-sweepstake. For Official Rules, visit http://www.dewars.com/us/en/campaigns/us-open-sweepstake. Sponsored by Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.