Official Rules for the Dewar’s 2021 US Open Golf Sweepstakes
No purchase or text message is required to enter. If you do enter by sending a text message, you will receive one (1) text message in return, as described in more detail below. Message and data rates may apply to all text messages you send or receive.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc. (“Administrator”), Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), United States Golf Association (“USGA”) or any other alcohol beverage company, their respective distributors, wholesalers, retailers (including bartenders/staff), or licensees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Entry Period begins at 12:01 AM ET on May 3, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on June 20, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter:
a. Text the word DewarsLinks (if you live in Arizona), DewarsOpen (if live in California), or DewarsBirdie (if you live in Nevada), or DewarsGolf (if you live in another state) to the short code 73876 and you will receive one (1) text message in return with a link to the entry form. Click on the link, and follow the instructions to complete the entry form. (Alternately, you can visit http://www.dewars.com/us/en/campaigns/us-open-sweepstake and go directly to the entry form.) Standard text messaging rates may apply to any text messages that you send or receive. Not all carriers and plans include text messaging. See your wireless carrier plan for pricing details. All eligible entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing. Residents of Arizona, California, and Nevada will also have the opportunity to enter into a separate drawing, as set forth below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per drawing.
b. The use of multiple e-mail addresses or numbers, an agency, or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
4. Drawings: On or about June 22, 2021 Administrator will select: (a) one (1) potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received; (b) one (1) potential Arizona Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received from entrants in that state; (c) one (1) potential California Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received from entrants in that state; and (d) one (1) potential Nevada Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received from entrants in that state. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received for the relevant drawing. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential winners within seven (7) business days of a drawing. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
5. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and a tax form. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within five (5) days, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received, if time permits. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
a. Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive a trip to the US Open. The prize includes: (a) roundtrip coach-class airfare for up to four (4) people; (b) double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; (c) up to four (4) VIP tickets to the US Open (June 16-19, 2022); and (d) $1,000. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $6,000. The actual value of the trip will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, and the dates of travel. The winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. Once travel documents are issued, they cannot be changed. Sponsor reserves the right so substitute ground transportation for air transportation.
b. Arizona Prize: One (1) winner will receive up to two (2) VIP tickets to the US Open for one (1) day of golf (June 16, 2022). Transportation and accommodations are not included. The ARV of the prize is $1,000.
c. California Prize: One (1) winner will receive up to two (2) VIP tickets to the US Open for one (1) day of golf (June 16, 2022). Transportation and accommodations are not included. The ARV of the prize is $1,000.
d. Nevada Prize: One (1) winner will receive up to two (2) VIP tickets to the US Open for one (1) day of golf (June 16, 2022). Transportation and accommodations are not included. The ARV of the prize is $1,000.
e. For all Prizes: A winner is responsible for paying taxes any costs and expenses not specified above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Guests must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and may be required sign a liability and publicity release form prior to issuance of tickets. A prize may not be transferred prior to award. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. No alcohol will be awarded as part of any prize.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, USGA, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: You agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
11. Winner Information: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Dewar’s 2021 US Open Golf Sweepstakes Win List, P.O. Box 3509H, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-3445. Requests must be received by July 30, 2021.
12. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bacardi U.S.A., Inc., 2701 Le Jeune Road, Coral Gables, FL 33134, and is administered by Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc., 1105 S.E. Eight Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.